Civil Engineer In Training
Summary of Position
The Civil Engineer In Training will work on civil projects for municipal governments and private developments. The ideal candidate will work closely with Designers and Professional Engineers to create civil drawings. Additionally, this role analyzes and interprets survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical and geologic data to plan projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze and interpret survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards using design software.
- Analyze and produce designs for stormwater, sewer, pipeline, parking, sidewalks, roadway, etc. using design software.
- Prepare site grading and utility plans, hydraulic calculations, prepare construction documents for permitting.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data.
- Communicate project status with the Project Manager, client, and any other relevant parties.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited program.
- Two years of experience in designing civil projects; commercial, industrial, retail, education, municipal, roadways, utilities.
- Engineer in Training certification
- Moderate proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work closely with an integrated multi-discipline team under tight deadlines and communicate clearly – both in writing and verbally.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position, with an expectation to work 40 hours per week. Overtime may be requested at times to meet project deadlines. The standard schedule for this position is Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, although we offer flexible schedules.
There is no anticipated overnight travel for this position. Some local day travel may be required.
Employees are given a competitive salary and a complete benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, pet insurance, a PTO bank to start, 401(k) plan, paid parental leave, profit sharing, and much more. More details regarding benefits can be provided during the interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baird, Hampton & Brown Inc. does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age (over 40), non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.