Civil Professional Engineer
Summary of Position
The Civil Professional Engineer will oversee small to mid-size civil design projects with duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, and water and sewage systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and perform project management tasks; creating and tracking budgets, oversee scheduling of projects, review construction documents.
- Work closely with Designers and Graduate Engineers to create civil drawings.
- Analyze and interpret survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems and structures, following construction and government standards using design software and drawing tools.
- Provide technical advice regarding design, construction, and program modifications to industrial and managerial personnel.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Balance workload and varying requirements of multiple projects.
- Attend client meetings and prepare or present public reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Perform construction administration duties and review all construction document revisions with the Engineer of Record.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET-accredited program.
- A minimum of fours year of experience designing civil structures and site development.
- Intermediate skill level in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office.
- Texas Professional Engineer License.
- Ability to work closely with an integrated multi-discipline team under tight deadlines and communicate clearly – both in writing and verbally.
Company Benefits Employees are given a competitive salary and a complete benefits package. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a PTO bank to start, 401(k) plan, profit sharing, and much more. Details regarding benefits can be provided during the interview process.
Equal Employment Opportunity Baird, Hampton & Brown Inc. does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age (over 40), non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.